Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Voluteers wanted on this sad uneventful What I wore this week Wednesday

Would you like to volunteer to  help me sort out my humungous mess? Its a vintage goodness mess but a mess nontheless.Its ok if you cant make it I will get it done soon eventually.Just felt a tad worn out today to get motivated.

Before I start to show some of my yummy things I shall share a few pics of what I wore this week which wont be much as I didnt take photos everyday.(BTW my trusty camera went missing at mums during the sort out maybe the Salvos got it and sent the box to the dump or it may be in one of mums many boxes so who knows when they will be unpacked.)Anyway am using other cameras which arent as good.

What I wore today..

A yellow (hear that my Misfit friend ?)  yes  yellow vintage lace top that the captain even commented on as he liked it.(mess in background is all Mine)
 Not quite vintage al lace 90s orientique brand dress that was mums.The 2 uglies next to me were taken to my sisters for her garden under much duress by me lol
 What I wore on family pic day at my sisters.
Now asking for a favour for my sister.She is trying to get her Jewellery business "A Little Bit of Bling" of the ground.If you are at Facebook can you hit  the Like button  HERE and also check out her website HERE.If anyone has a good place to make banners please let me/her know.


oh and I did wear clothes other days I promise lol

Now for some vintage goodness.

Fish bowl opshop ages ago,Bird vase= wedding presnt to mum in the 60s, front vase - a find at Emerald on way home $2 I think a collection may be happening
 A couple of hats
 more hats in here
 Old mags in a port
 cute ties from Emerald oppie.
 Eiderdown fom mums.
 My grans bag and a small port with recipes
 Glass chandelier got a bit bent in the move was in mums shed lots more peices will show when fixed.
 close up of bird vase I lost its tale and other has been repaired in the past.Hope to have repaired one day
 Vintage 50s/60s first aid kit,Old fly spray can,mums wedding present teapot from the 60s
Bird wall vase,my grans autograph book not dated and more empty than not.

 This old port is in bad shape but was good for putting all my hats in from mum.
 Mags from mums
From my sis a kids cane chair about 50 yrs or more old.
Whats in the case?
 
 Inside a gorgeous vintage typewriter.

 Old phonograph box I repaired at mums and is now used for records


 From mums house a vintage beauty case full of 1st aid bits.
 a very cute vintage wall bathroom cupboard staying as is and goes with my green one from back HERE was from same opshop.
 From my lovely opshop lady vintage knitting and sewing books.

I think thats all I shall let you drool over today,stay tuned there is LOTS more.

Nelly xxx

17 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Wow, looks quite a sort out is needed, but you do have some great stuff. I love the eiderdown best, I want a new (old) one - the kids have destroyed mine.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Would love to come and help - would you pay my fare from Scotland? (ha ha) Love the eiderdown!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I'd love to come and help but I have my own giant piles to sort first. I love the style of your Gran's bag. xx

Unknown said...

What a fab bunch of goodies to sort through! Shame about the lovely bird vase - it's my fave. So glad you've made it home safely, Nelly.

Sarah xxx

Unknown said...

Oh - and you look lovely in that pretty yellow blouse! xxx

Madison said...

Love the eiderdown. I would love to volunteer though I doubt I could justify the air fare.

Great idea though.

Madison xxx

A Treasured Past said...

love the wall cupboard the eiderdown and the chandelier. Tx

brismod said...

I've just caught up with your blog Nelly. What a super busy month you've had! Love that yellow top on you too. xx

Curtise said...

I would LOVE to help you sort all that stuff out - as long as you return the favour, Nelly!
Great things, love the cases and the typewriter (I was carressing one in a charity shop the other day with my youngest, who asked what it was. How old did I feel?)
Yellow top - yay! I've bought a yellow summer frock, based on Sarah's insistence that we can all wear it! xxxxxxx

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

Your trip has worn me out Nelly! Honestly got exhausted reading each entry. You are something else & I think you should take a bit of time to relax before you start tackling that project. You look beautiful in your mum's dress. What a great lot of treasures you've brought home. I LOVE the chandelier! Love it all!

Take care of you Nell!

~Vickie~

Helga said...

Bloody hell,my eyes are bedazzled by so much wonderful goodness!
I'm really into that typewriter case,it's rather fabulous!
The trouble with sorting through so much fun stuff is the getting sidetracked into admiring things,or getting excited over things you've forgotten about....and then realising you've got mothing achieved! Hahaha!
XXX

Please may I? said...

Gosh you have been busy!

X x

Vintage Coconut said...

My OH My Is there ever alot of vintage goodies in this post!

- Those colorful vases are lovely.
- The horse tie is Great.
- The floral eiderdown is so gorgeous.
- The sunflower tins are so cute.
- Eaaakk I love beauty cases!

I think you may have given me my vintage fill for the day. =)

Unknown said...

Wow Nelly you have lovely goodies there. Love your mums old eiderdown and that vase at the front by the fish one is gorgeous such pretty pastel colours. Have a fun weekend,. dee xx

Stacey said...

That yellow top is really gorgeous! I always love seeing all your treasures. You must have the knack for finding awesome things!

two squirrels said...

Oh my goodness the eiderdown is soooooo beautiful, I have a large collection and just love them!!!! I have had to let a few go, it was getting crazy!!!!
Love seeing the treasures!!, love v

PennI Pops said...

Sooooo wish I was there to help you Nelly! I'd just LOVE to! I also love your collection...and all of your amazing (as always!) pics! Lotsa love, PP XXX