Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What do You Think?

This will be a short post for me Arent you lucky?


Ist I would love all you crafty people to say hello to my friend Carol  she is a brand new blogger and an old friend.She is also very talented with her crafty things and is packed full of crafty knowledge its why I calle her CraftyCarol (also I had so many Carols in my life at the time I had to nickname them)


2nd is a fellow blogger at Scarlett Loves Elvis  is having a sweet giveaway do come say hi to her you may even win something yummy She has a lovely blog that I enjoy daily.

3rd is what shall I do with this fabric?I have had it for years,its a single to 3/4 bedspread and Its been packed away I am thinking of turning it into a 50s style dress or should I sell it as is? There is extra fabric maybe a pillow cover or sham for bottom of bed and I was going to make a cute apron with that part.So do tell me what you think.(just washed not ironed but so pretty)

Lovely piping down sides
Maybe a pattern like this or an authentic 50s one.
Cant wait to here your thoughts and hope you check out the above blogs.

Oops post wasn't so short after all

12 comments:

Scarlett said...

Ooh loving that fabric, ive got some much here too Im awaiting to find some use for. Thats for the link to my giveaway too :o)) Scarlett x

Young at Heart said...

oooh if you are handy with a needle I say stich a dress...it's so pretty...me, I sew myself to the garment when i have to sew on a button...knitting is another matter though, with yarn I'm away!!

Nelly said...

@Scarlett Fontaine What I need is all my crafty blogging friends to come and have a month long sewing bee how fun would that be?I hope you get some new followers

Nelly said...

@Young at Heart Oh I can sew not enuff to save myself lol and I have so much wool I have to get stuck into as well.Am off to follow you now and read your blog

Vix said...

That would make a pretty dress, Nelly! I'm sure you could do it. xxx

Unknown said...

lovely you know me i would say make a dress or even a skirt ;-)) Such pretty fabric, dee x

The Thrifty Reenactor said...

You're blog is lovely. I think you should make a dress with the fabric:).

Blessings,

Kim

Nelly said...

@The Thrifty Reenactor Thanks for dropping by,I am thinking I may do a dress but may wait for the right pattern I will have lots left over to use for other things too yay

Crafty Carol said...

thanks nelly for telling people, and I think you should make a dress it would be beautiful,the brown one on front of simplicity patten it will look good on you just your style

take care crafty carol

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I'm thinking that the dress pattern would be a good costume piece for Steampunk purposes, or Victoriana players. Scrap the top, add a waistband instead, there you go. For the tiny waisted, sure...I like something a wee bit more comfy!

Oh, Nelly, the two sites ar neat! I dropped a comment into Carol's, and lurked in the other one...great links! Thank you!

Nana's Nook said...

I think a dress would look great, love the pattern you have there. I think one of my next projects will be an apron also.

Kitty said...

It'd make a great dress!