Friday, February 17, 2012

The Slacker is back! (that being me)

Ok my Chi is clear and I am creating again
My newest bag for sale $15 plus postage
my 1st one

Sold
Sold
a shoulder bag
and another
and I went opping only twice this week.

My best haul today (and people without kids wont get it) but I got 4 pairs of kids hardly worn shoes 2 are leather including Hard Yakka boots for the 7yr old grandson for $10 flipping dollars what a score.Shoes are forever an issue in our family... cant find them ...too small.... they are wet.... they are broken etc.They were half price I took 2 pairs up she said oh these are half price and I hi-tailed it back to get the other 2 pairs lol.

 I hear many of you yawning so what else did I get?

Tuesday...

I scored this awesome large peice of bark cloth  the ends had  that awful yellow  packed away for years spotting.Middle was fine.But after a good soak its looking fantastic.

I got this caftan/kaftan its cool as which we have needed lately.



Not sure if its me tho but its so breezy to wear.


 Then I hit the mother lode ... another wedding dress

Isnt it loverlee??   


 What a tiny bride she was

 from the  60s/70s I think.


 Maybe she wore this dress on her honeymoon ?

 and maybe they went to China for their honeymoon and he bought this for her?
Tell Nelly to iron me please.


 Yes I scored and guess how much they were.Well the over coat was $3.50 the wedding dress $2.50 The pink dress $2 the last dress $1.50 how much did that come too? ZERO yes you heard right.I had my frequent customer card all stamped up so got $10 worth for zip zero nudda .I sure was smiling when I left that shop.BTW its the same shop I got my $1.25 leather boots my Tina print and my lovely chest of drawers.Its one of those shops where you score one day and find nothing for ages.

and then on (Valentines) I came home to this

Somebody thinks I am alright
 I also found a lovely hand made vintage dress today but thats for another time.



Leaving you with one of my Happy Little Vegemites
Nelly xxx

25 comments:

Please may I? said...

Loving the new bags Nelly. The book idea is fab!

That wedding dress is tiny! Very beautiful too.

X x

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I might have to add one of those bags to my collection soon they're too cute! I love the cut of the "honeymoon" dress. xx

Bungalowgirl said...

New bags are awesome Nelly, especially that pink one. Also you look fantabulous in that kaftan! melx

Kylie said...

I love the Enid Blyton book bags Nelly, especially that pink one. I had that book when I was a little girl.
And that barkcloth is beautiful too. Very.

Curtise said...

Yay, Nelly's back! Did the Southern Comfort have any role to play in clearing the chi?!
Clever idea with the book bags, you are so creative.
Great frocks, so pretty, and I LOVE the barkcloth.
Glad you're firing on all cylinders again, it's not the same without you! xxxxx

rkbsnana said...

Barkcloth plus a caftan in one spree.
A smart shopper you are.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Very unusual bags - love them! Great wedding dress and the fabric is really unusual!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Scarlett said...

Nelly your book bags are brilliant! You are a clever ducky! Loving the kaftan on you :o) Scarlett x

Krista said...

Those bags are so sweet Nelly! I love seeing all your scores, and scores they are. Your hubby got you something sweet and warm :) Keeper!

Unknown said...

Good to see you back Nelly. At first when i saw your Enid Blyton book bags i was like EEEKKKK how can you break up her books they evoke so many memories for so many people from when were we children. I am collecting them all over again and im reading them to. But they are a unique idea Nelly and they look great and will sell well im sure. Lovely finds that wedding dress looks beautiful. Have a lovely weekend, dee xx

Vintage Coconut said...

OooOo YAY it's Nelly!
I am so glad you you are back.
Those little book bags are so sweet.
And I adore the blue and red record bag. (You certainly have crafty-ness down pat!)
That barkcloth is gorgeous (I even did a little screech when I seen it.)
Pretty Kaftan! love the designs.

OoOo Another wedding dress HOW DELIGHTFULLY GORGEOUS
So are the other two below it.

And lol at the little vegemite!

Ruth Kelly said...

I've been wondering what to do with some old records that take up space. Clever girl, you are.

Stacey said...

I love the book & record bags that you make! They look amazing - go super-talented Nelly!

I think you look gorgeous in that kaftan as well.

A Treasured Past said...

Love the book bags best of all, and the kaftan is the best so far too. Enjoy your weekend, tam x

p.s I have a giveaway running at the moment if you are interested.

two squirrels said...

Nelly I just love the Kaftan, you look fabulous in it, gorgeous colour.
Yay the barkcloth is such a perfect find, it's such a great feeling when the stains wash away!!!!
Happiness to you. love v

Anonymous said...

Loving the bags Nelly.
The wedding dress is AMAZING, beautiful.

sharonssunlitmemories said...

Nelly those Enid Blyton bags are something else! They are just wonderful!
I'm also here to let you know that I've tagged your blog in a book tag - see http://sharonssunlitmemories.blogspot.com/ for more info. I'm being a pain, I know, but when I have to think of my favourite blogs yours always comes to mind. I'm hoping you will respond and I'd love to read your answers! - Sharon

Vix said...

Those book bags and record bags are just the best thing ever, you are such a clever girl!
That Silver star dress is a beauty and the kaftan is fab. You could always shorten it and wear it with leggings to show off your shapely pins! x

Unknown said...

Kaftan is awesome, and so are your bags!!

Unknown said...

Kaftan is awesome, and so are your bags!!

The Thrifty Reenactor said...

Wow-you did score!!! I love the handbags-they are really cool:)!

Blessings,

Kim

Bohemian said...

Dear Nelly... so glad you are back! Loving your Creations. You should see the amazing Fedora/Top Hat Creation I just got from an Artist Friend, I know you'd be Loving her Style and Creations as much as I do! I felt as though I was channeling Johnny Depp as I wore it! *Winks* It {and the others that were for Sale} are on my recent 'Sirens & Saints' Post. I Love your Vintage Wardrobe Scores... Caftans were always a fav staple of mine for decades... wish I still had some of my Vintage ones, though they'd never fit me now, they would still Inspire me. *LOL*

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

simmone said...

Clever bags Nelly,love all your finds esp the cloth,shoes are an issue here at the moment,child 3 is down to one pair!

Lisa @ .Simply Me. said...

Those bags are such a great idea :) xx

Unknown said...

these are friggin awesome!!!!
I so want to do a vinyl bag!
LOVE the 'book bags" and I funky a great diy cigar bag at Goodwill a couple weeKs ago. I hate to use it,LOL!
xxx
Reva